This website (the “Website”) is a service made available by AG Carlisle Corporation, its affiliates (including subsidiaries), shareholders, officers, directors and employees, as well as its content partners, (collectively, “Provider”, “we”, “our” or “us”). This Website provides, inter alia, general information related to the law, regulations, policies, guidelines and attorneys designed to help users (“you”) obtain a basic understanding of the current or historic legal and regulatory environment of a given country. The Website is also available for updating by you, particularly in respect of commentary where you may or may not be identified at your request (“Content Makers”). All content on the Website (“Content”) may be used solely under the following terms and conditions.
YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
General Provisions Regarding Website
2. Limitations on Use: You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, rent, lease, loan, sell, sublicense, or create derivative works from the Website or the Content. Nor may you use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage or users. You may not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our Website or the Content without Provider’s prior written permission. You may not use this Website to transmit any false, misleading, fraudulent or illegal communications. You may not copy, modify, reproduce, republish, distribute, display or transmit for commercial, non-profit or public purposes all or any portion of the Website. You may not use the Website or the Content in any manner that may infringe any copyright, intellectual property right, proprietary right or property right of Provider or any third parties, including any content partner. Any unauthorized use of the Website or its Content is prohibited.
3. Viruses etc: Provider does not represent or warrant that the Website will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected.
4. License of Your Content: By uploading Content for use on the Website, including, without limitation, interactive areas (e.g., Commentary updates, blogs, wikis, bulletin boards, discussion boards, chat rooms, email forums, and question and answer), you grant Provider a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide right and license to use, authorize use of, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium or technology now known or later developed throughout the world. You certify and warrant that your Content: (a) is your original works or that the owner of such works has expressly granted to Provider a similar license for said works with all of the rights granted by you in this paragraph and (b) does not violate and will not violate the rights of any third party, including any right of publicity, right of privacy, copyright, patent or other intellectual property right or any proprietary or moral right. You agree that you shall have no recourse against Provider for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary or other right in uploaded Content. You assume all liability for any claims, suits or grievances filed against you, including all damages related to your Content participation on the Website.
5. Restrictions Regarding Your Content: You shall not post, publish, upload or distribute any Content which is unlawful or abusive in any way, including, but not limited to, any materials that are defamatory, libelous, pornographic, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, inclusive of hate speech, or would constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or give rise to liability or violate any local, state, federal or international law, or any rules of any securities exchange, either intentionally or unintentionally. Provider has no obligation to monitor or screen your Content and is not responsible therefor; however, Provider reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to monitor, screen, edit and remove such Content or cause such Content not to be posted, published, uploaded or distributed, at any time and for any reason or no reason.
6. Attorney Ethics Notice: If you are an attorney participating in any aspect of this Website, including but not limited to interactive areas, (a) you agree not to provide specific legal advice in any of your Content and to draft Content which is appropriate, educational and in accordance with attorney ethics standards in your jurisdiction, (b) you represent and warrant that you are an attorney in good standing with a license to practice law in your applicable jurisdiction before indicating that you are an attorney or other language that suggests the same; and (c) you acknowledge that the Rules of Professional Conduct of the jurisdictions where you are licensed (“Rules”) apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by these Rules. These Rules include, but are not limited to, the rules relating to advertising, solicitation of clients, rules regarding the establishment of attorney-client relationships, failure to maintain client confidences, unauthorized practice of law, and misrepresentations of fact. Provider disclaims all responsibility for your compliance with these Rules.
7. Advertising: You shall not distribute to any persons or entities identified via the Website any Content containing solicitations or advertising of any kind without the express prior written permission of the Provider. Attorneys and law firms are prohibited from soliciting engagement or employment from prospective clients through the Website or any of its interactive features.
8. Third Party Communications: Provider disclaims all liability for any third party communications that you may receive or any actions you may take as a result of adding Content, including any information that might identify you, such as your name. We will not post your name unilaterally, but only on your decision to do so, which will be made manifest by virtue of the option selections made by you when submitting Content. The posting of Content on the Website ensures that any detail you provide in respect of your identification will be available throughout the world. Provider cannot provide any assurance that you will not be contacted by any third party, nor challenged, harassed or otherwise contacted as a result of any such Content addition.
Liability for Content
9. Third Party Content: Provider is not responsible for and assumes no liability for any infringement, mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, slander, libel, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of Content contained in any third party Content appearing on the Website. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party Content is neither endorsed by nor does it reflect the belief of Provider. Further, information and opinions provided by employees and agents of Provider are not necessarily endorsed by Provider and do not necessarily represent the beliefs and opinions of Provider.
10. Content May be Deficient, Defective or Manifestly Incorrect: Our research team strives to obtain accurate and complete information in respect of all jurisdictions that we cover. Where applicable, we expect sponsors (“Sponsors”) to confirm the accuracy of our Content, but there is no guarantee that our information is accurate and complete and it may be deficient, defective or manifestly incorrect. Your use of the website confirms your understanding of this fact and in no way will we be responsible, in any way, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, whether negligent, grossly negligent or even willfully or intentionally in error, in respect of any damages or other losses, whether foreseeable or not. In this regard, you represent to us that before taking any commercial or other decision that may give rise to damages or other losses you will seek advice from a attorney qualified in the applicable jurisdiction.
11. Translations: Unofficial translations of legislation and regulations are marked as such. While all efforts have been made to ensure that unofficial translations are accurate, some portions may be incorrect. Official translations are those which have been made available by the relevant jurisdiction and/or the relevant ministry. No liability is assumed for any errors, omissions or ambiguities within these documents. Any individual who relies upon these translations does so at their own risk. Your use of this website confirms your understanding of this fact and in no way will we be responsible, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, whether negligent, grossly negligent or even willfully or intentionally in error, in respect of any damages or other losses, whether foreseeable or not. In this regard, you represent to us that before taking any commercial or other decision that may give rise to damages or other losses you will seek advice from an attorney qualified in the applicable jurisdiction. If you believe any information within our translations is inaccurate please contact us using the available methods.
12. No Warranties: Without limiting the foregoing, the Website, including all Content, is provided on an “as is” basis. Provider expressly disclaims all warranties, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
13. No Duty to Update: We accept no liability or responsibility to update Content on the Website, whether or not we are aware of a change to any law, regulation, policy, guideline or other information. Our researchers will strive to analyze the content of new laws and regulations as soon as practicable, but your sole remedy for any failing in this regard is to terminate your use of the Website on any agreed termination date. In this regard, you represent to us that before taking any commercial or other decision that may give rise to damages or other losses you will seek legal counsel from a attorney qualified in the applicable jurisdiction to ensure that you are made aware of the state of the law at the applicable time and how it may affect you.
14. Website Links: Your use of materials linked from the Website is also at your own risk. You acknowledge that use of any third party website is not governed by this agreement and may require you to agree to different terms and conditions from those contained herein. Those terms and conditions, if any, are strictly between you and the third party website owner or provider and do not involve Provider in any way.
Sponsors, Advertisers and Legal Advice
15. No Legal Advice: We are not a law firm and are not regulated by any law society. In no event shall any information contained on the Website be taken as legal advice or acted upon without the prior confirmation by you of the accuracy of such information with a attorney qualified in the applicable jurisdiction, including any Commentary Content provided by a Content Maker. In this regard, you represent to us that before taking any commercial or other decision that may give rise to damages or other losses you will seek legal counsel from a attorney qualified in the applicable jurisdiction (other than a Content Maker, where applicable).
16. No Solicitor-Client Relationship: Our customer service representatives may or may not be attorneys, but none will provide legal advice. No engagement with them, via our Website or otherwise, will be construed as giving rise to attorney-client or any confidential relationship.
17. Assurance as to Sponsors: We represent that no Sponsor provides us with a portion of any attorney’s or law firm’s fees based on your use of such Sponsor; we obtain only an advertising or sponsorship fee from Sponsors based on their advertisements or sponsorship of this Website or certain Content herein.
18. No Endorsement of Sponsor or Advertiser Content: Our Sponsors and advertisers provide us with information about themselves, which we do not verify, validate or confirm. We do not endorse the Content provided by our Sponsors or advertisers, nor can we accept any liability for a misrepresentation made by them. Sponsors and advertisers are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Website is accurate and complies with applicable laws. Provider will not be responsible for the illegality of or any error or inaccuracy in advertisers’ or sponsors’ materials or for the acts or omissions of advertisers and sponsors. We cannot guarantee that our Sponsors are qualified in the particular field of law, nor that they are qualified to practice law at all in the applicable jurisdiction. Before seeking goods or services from any Sponsor or advertiser, you represent that you will engage in your own due diligence to determine if the Sponsor or advertiser is qualified and competent to provide the relevant goods or services.
19. Registration and Usage Restrictions: Certain sections of this Website require you to register. If registration is requested, you agree to provide accurate and complete registration information. It is your responsibility to inform Provider of any changes to that information. Each registration is for a single person only, unless specifically designated otherwise. In no event shall your use of this Website as a subscriber entitle you to share information from the Website with third parties and you represent to us that you will not do so. Provider does not permit (a) any other person using the registered sections under your name; or (b) access through a single name being made available to multiple users on a network, unless specifically provided in connection with a multi-user subscription. You are responsible for preventing such unauthorized use. If you believe there has been unauthorized use, you must notify Provider immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. Multiple-User Rights: Where your permission as a subscriber entitles you to multiple-user access, you agree that you will identify the specific users to us and limit the use of the Website to only those identified users. Should additional access be required beyond the users identified, you agree to contact us to arrange an appropriate financial settlement in respect of such incremental usage and we agree to accommodate such usage, subject to a reasonable and equitable adjustment to your contractual cost commitment.
21. Refund of Fees: All fees are non-refundable, save in the circumstance where our Website should be unavailable less than 90% of the normal business hours in the jurisdiction or residence of the subscriber. We strive to maintain subscriber access or “uptime” of not less than 98%. Should the circumstances pertaining to a refund arise, we agree to refund the sum equal to the result when the number of operating hours in which access was permissible is divided by all hours during the contract period and the resulting ratio is multiplied by the total fees paid by you.
22. Payment: All fees are payable in advance, in full.
Indemnity and Damages Limitations
24. Liability Cap: To the extent that any limitation of liability is denied, you agree that our maximum liability hereunder shall be limited to the greater of (a) US$100 and (b) the most recent fee paid by you to us as a subscriber.